I’m a bookworm and obsessive learner who spends time reading, writing, listening to trauma-informed wellness podcasts, home cooking, running a socially-conscious grassroots herbal company and spending as much time in nature as possible. You may catch me dancing to house music beneath the stars.
Trained as a Wilderness First Responder and Emergency Medical Technician, street medic, and hospice caregiver, I am a part of an amazing group of witchy herbalists and medics called MASHH, or Medicine For All Seeking Health and Healing. MASHH came together to provide herbal education, first aid and wellness clinics at large outdoor gatherings, resistance campaigns, and disaster zones. I manage and collaborate on dozens of pop-up herbal clinics at large outdoor music festivals and other multi-day events.
The grassroots work of frontline + fenceline communities inspires me to dismantle oppression and to connect organizing for justice + collective liberation with healing and transformation. I strive to make herbal medicine accessible.
See my Healing Justice Sliding Scale for all who are facing economic hardship, especially LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC individuals and front/fenceline communities.
Training & Experience:
- Clinical Energetic Herbalist, 2008 to present: San Francisco Bay Area and Arizona
- Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild, 2014 to present
- SoundMind Institute, 6/2021 to 8/2021. Course for clinicians to understand and practice psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.
- Polaris Insight, 5/2021 to 7/2021. Principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
- Wilderness First Responder, 2004 to present: Trained to assess and treat people with injuries and illnesses in remote settings. Teachers aide
- Community Organizing, Street Medic and Mutual Aid, 1997 to present
- Medicine for All Seeking Health and Healing, 2011 to 2019: Herbal first aid clinics and education at large outdoor gatherings throughout the Pacific Northwest
- The Dhyana Center, 2014 to 2015 and 2018 to 2019, two 10-month, 200-hour programs that included Ayurvedic foundations, diagnostics, aromatherapy, herbs, and whole food nutrition; 2018 to 2019: Teacher’s aide and internship, Sebastopol, CA
- Managerial Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Business and Public Speaking, 2019: Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA
- Clinical & Energetic Herbalist Programs, Blue Otter School of Herbal Medicine, 2009 to 2011: Fort Jones, CA
- Herbal Foundations and Therapeutics, Berkeley Herbal Center, 2005 to 2008: 30-month program
- Anne Braden Anti-Racist Organizer Training Program, Catalyst Project, 2008 and 2012: San Francisco, CA
- Emergency Medical Technician, Chabot College, 2005: Hayward, CA