Transforming lives through botanicals:
Hi. I’m Deia Pauline, a clinical herbalist, health educator, and herbal clinic coordinator.
I help people include herbal medicines, nutrition, and holistic wellness strategies to enjoy a centered, purposeful, and vibrant life.
My own healing journey, teachers, professional experience, and the plants themselves all deeply inform my practice. Having grown up in a chaotic household eating the Standard American Diet (SAD) resulted in me having migraines for many years starting at age five, a depleted immune system, chronic fatigue, depression and anxiety.
Discovering herbal medicines helped me understand my body, strengthen my mind, and find inner peace. Flora and fungi regulated my immune and nervous systems. I also used nutrient-dense foods, probiotics, breathwork and biohacking with herbal medicines which has allowed me to experience ease and grace, reconnect with my true nature, and restore a sense wonder. I feel more resilient now in my late 40’s than I did in my 20’s!
This life experience uniquely places me in a position to help others transform their lives. I offer practical steps anyone can take to live a calm, purposeful, and exciting life.
Central to my practice is the use of plant medicines for healing from individual and collective trauma. I offer deep listening and aim to provide client-led, non-judgemental care.
I am a registered herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild, RH (AHG), since 2014 and have been in professional practice since 2008. I go by the pronouns she/her.
Training & Experience:
- Clinical Energetic Herbalist, 2008 to present: San Francisco Bay Area and Arizona
- Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild, 2014 to present
- SoundMind Institute, 6/2021 to 8/2021. Certificate of completion, a ten week course for clinicians to understand and practice psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.
- Polaris Insight, 5/2021 to 7/2021. Principles and procedures of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a clinical setting.
- Wilderness First Responder, 2004 to present: Trained to assess and treat people with injuries and illnesses in remote settings. Teachers aide
- Community Organizing, Street Medic and Mutual Aid, 1997 to present
- Medicine for All Seeking Health and Healing, 2011 to 2019: Herbal first aid clinics and education at large outdoor gatherings throughout the Pacific Northwest
- The Dhyana Center, 2014 to 2015 and 2018 to 2019, two 10-month, 200-hour programs that included Ayurvedic foundations, diagnostics, aromatherapy, herbs, and whole food nutrition; 2018 to 2019: Teacher’s aide and internship, Sebastopol, CA
- Managerial Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Business and Public Speaking, 2019: Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA
- Clinical & Energetic Herbalist Programs, Blue Otter School of Herbal Medicine, 2009 to 2011: Fort Jones, CA
- Herbal Foundations and Therapeutics, Berkeley Herbal Center, 2005 to 2008: 30-month program
- Anne Braden Anti-Racist Organizer Training Program, Catalyst Project, 2008 and 2012: San Francisco, CA
- Emergency Medical Technician, Chabot College, 2005: Hayward, CA